Are you considering the Chase Sapphire Reserve®? Before you apply for the card, you'll want to learn some key facts about the offer and how it compares to others on the market.
In reviewing the card, our staff rated it a 4.7 out of 5.0.
Between the huge rewards and variety of travel perks, including an annual travel credit, this card is a solid choice for well-qualified applicants who can take full advantage of its benefits.
Here's a rundown of the key features, rates, and terms of the Chase Sapphire Reserve®:
Disclosure: When you apply through links on our site, we often earn referral fees from partners. For more information, see our ad disclosure and review policy.
CardRates.com is a free online resource that offers valuable content and comparison services to users. To keep this resource 100% free, we receive compensation for referrals for many of the offers listed on the site. Along with key review factors, this compensation may impact how and where products appear across CardRates.com (including, for example, the order in which they appear). CardRates.com does not include the entire universe of available offers. Editorial opinions expressed on the site are strictly our own and are not provided, endorsed, or approved by advertisers.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year.
- Earn 5x total points on flights and 10x total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3x points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $900 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™; Select and up to $100 application fee credit every four years for Global Entry, NEXUS, or TSA PreCheck®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more
- Member FDIC
There's certainly a lot to like about the Chase Sapphire Reserve®. Let's dive deeper into the card's rates and fees, as they could make or break whether owning the Chase Sapphire Reserve® is right for you.
According to the issuer, the Chase Sapphire Reserve® currently charges the following interest rates on purchases and balance transfers:
- Purchase Intro: N/A
- Balance Transfer Intro: N/A
- Regular APR: 22.49%-29.49% Variable
Here's the annual fee for the Chase Sapphire Reserve® as listed by the issuer:
See site for details »
According to the issuer, the current general credit history requirement for the Chase Sapphire Reserve® is:
- Credit Level: Good/Excellent
If you feel you have the credit needed for approval and you're ready to apply, you can do so online on the issuer's secure website.
Keep in mind that rates and features may change, so if you like what the Chase Sapphire Reserve® is offering today, you may want to apply now to lock it in current terms before it's too late.
Below are all the ratings our team gives the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, along with the card's ranking within each category. To see how it compares to other cards, simply click on the category name:
All told, our team's review of the Chase Sapphire Reserve® resulted in a rating of 4.7 out of 5.0, as the card features many pros and cons for a potential cardholder to consider. Ultimately, it's up to you to determine if the card's benefits outweigh its possible drawbacks.
If you're ready to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve®, here is the link the issuer's official application:
Are you ready to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve® offer? Be sure to read up on all of its terms and details first, then apply via the provider’s secure website:
If you’d like to keep researching, you may want to try one of our popular guides to the top offers available. We break down a variety of offers, including many similar to Chase Sapphire Reserve®:
Whether you decide on Chase Sapphire Reserve® or another option, be sure to make all your payments on time and keep your balance below the credit limit.