Our Editorial Integrity Process
At CardRates.com, we are committed to delivering accurate content guided by strict editorial guidelines so you can view our advice and content with confidence. Before our articles are published on our website, they undergo the following process to maintain the editorial integrity and accuracy of our content.
1) Content Reviewed by CardRates.com Staff
Each article is reviewed by three CardRates.com staff members – one writer and two editors.
2) Content Reviewed by Third-Party Compliance Networks
Each article is also reviewed for factual accuracy by neutral, third-party compliance networks and, in some cases, by the issuers themselves.
3) Published and Regularly Updated
Once the article has been reviewed by the preceding parties, it is published on CardRates.com. The precise terms of each offer are kept up-to-date via an automated feed provided by the issuers. The feed is updated every four hours to ensure up-to-the-minute accuracy.
General Editorial Guidelines
In addition to our editorial integrity process, our writers adhere to the following editorial guidelines:
- Editorial content must be accurate, clear, and factual.
- Editorial content pieces containing financial offers are updated regularly to ensure accuracy.
- Editorial content pieces containing reviews of credit cards and other financial services are reviewed objectively based on the actual features of the product.
- CardRates.com’s editorial staff is separate and independent of its advertisers.
- CardRates.com’s editorial staff does not receive any compensation directly from advertisers.
- Writing favorable or unfavorable reviews for products or partners is not a factor in staff evaluations or performance reviews.
- Our editorial integrity process ensures content is not compromised by advertiser influence.
- CardRates.com’s editorial staff consists of professional writers who have strong backgrounds in personal finance and related topics. Many of our writers are leading experts who appear in credible national outlets such as CNN, ABC, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and The New York Times, among others.