Store Credit Card
Old Navy, a popular purveyor of clothing and accessories, was established as a subsidiary of The Gap, Inc. almost 25 years ago in 1984. Old Navy is typically considered the most affordable of the corporation's mainstream fashion brands, and currently has over 1,100 locations across the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Designed for dedicated Old Navy shoppers, the Old Navy Credit Card provides an easy way to earn rewards and savings on your purchases at any Gap Inc. brand location, both in-store and online. This means you can shop — and earn rewards — on any Old Navy, GAP, Banana Republic, or Athleta purchase made with your Old Navy card. However, purchasing is limited to these brands with the closed-loop Old Navy Credit Card and you won't be able to pay your bill in-store.
Better Cards to Use at Old Navy
If the majority of your clothing sports an "Old Navy" tag, you'll probably find the Old Navy Credit Card to be a great tool for earning useful rewards. At the same time, those who aren't so enamored with the brand as to earn Navyist status will likely find a flexible, all-purpose rewards card more worthwhile — and significantly more valuable.
Cash back credit cards award a percentage of your purchases as cash back rewards, which can be redeemed for gift cards, a check, or a statement credit. Most programs offer unlimited rewards at a low rate, while some will offer bonus rewards at a higher rate for purchases in specific categories. For added variety, try a card offering bonus rewards in rotating categories that change each quarter.
at Chase'ssecure website
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.74-25.49%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase - it's automatic
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
0% Intro APR on Purchases 15 months
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers 15 months
16.74% - 25.49% Variable
Introductory 0% APR offers allow cardholders to carry a balance interest-free for a year or more. Considering the average credit card interest rate tops 16%, a good intro APR offer can save you thousands in interest fees. Pair an introductory 0% APR offer with cash back or travel rewards to really make the most of your savings.
at Wells Fargo'ssecure website
- 0% Intro APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 17.24%-26.74% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rates and fees
- Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card
- Free access to your FICO® Credit Score with Wells Fargo Online®
- Zero Liability protection for promptly reported unauthorized transactions
- Convenient tools to help create a budget and manage your spending with My Money Map
- $0 Annual Fee
0% for 18 months
0% for 18 months
Whether you're a weekend jet-setter or just an annual-tripper, a good travel rewards card can make your next adventure more affordable by saving you money on flights, hotels, and other travel-related expenses. Cardholders can earn points or miles for every purchase, and some cards offer bonus miles for spending in specific categories. You can jump-start your savings with a travel card signup bonus, which can be worth thousands of miles if you can meet the spending requirement.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
14.74% - 24.74% (Variable)
$0 intro for first year; $95 after that
If your annual Old Navy budget is enough to earn you elite Navyist status, then the Old Navy Card can be a worthwhile addition to your wallet. If you're only in your local store for sales and clearance bargains, you'll likely get much more value out of a card that will earn you rewards on more than a few pairs of $3 flip-flops.
What Others Say About the Old Navy Credit Card
Although the Old Navy Card undoubtedly has its benefits, the consensus seems to be that it's not very valuable to the average cardholder. Take a look at some other Old Navy Card reviews from around the web.
As with all store cards, you need to ask yourself how much do you spend at this store per year? Old Navy’s clothes are low priced to begin with, so just to earn $50 in rewards (5,000 points) once per year, you would need to be spending $1,000 there. If you do spend thousands per year there then the Old Navy credit card might make sense. If not, their credit card may not be worth the hassle. So, bottom line, the Old Navy card along with any other store credit card is a fairly bad deal when you look at the other options available to most people with decent credit in the marketplace. If you like Old Navy that probably means you’re a shopper – so why not shop around for a better deal? — CreditCardForum.com”
I had a $300 balance. Paid my card on time each month and never once maxed it out. They decided to LOWER my credit limit without notice meaning it dropped my credit score. No reason when you're paying your card and being responsible with it!!! — CreditKarma.com”
For the hardcore Old Navy shopper, the Old Navy store credit card is definitely worth it, especially if you can obtain the Navyist status. The premium status means that you earn an effective 6% rewards on all purchases at Old Navy, The Gap, Banana Republic, and Athleta...If you don't fit the optimal criteria as an Old Navy store credit card customer, you're much better off with one of the cash back credit card alternatives. These alternatives will offer nearly as many rewards, but the rewards come in the form of cash. It is more versatile because you're not forced to use your rewards just for Old Navy purchases. — MyBankTracker.com”
Is the Old Navy Card Right for You?
Old Navy aficionados will enjoy the extra savings from the points and Rewards earned with their Old Navy Credit Card, especially if they also frequent the other Gap Inc. brands. The best value comes from reaching Navyist status, which unlocks extra points and other perks. Anyone who'd rather earn rewards on everything they buy — instead of being limited to a handful of mall stores — should stick with an all-around rewards card.