Store Credit Card
Originally founded in 1918 by blouse manufacturers, Samuel Lerner and Harold Lane, New York & Company has only operated as such since 1995. These days, the store is likely most known for its wear-to-work women's clothing and accessories, though the retailer also offers a selection of lounge and activewear. New York & Company has over 500 stores and is a common sight in shopping malls across the country.
With the average suit separate coming in at $50, putting together a business wardrobe from the New York & Company racks can get pricey, so a number of brand patrons have used the RUNWAYREWARDS Credit Card to earn savings and rewards on NY&C purchases. But while many customers enjoy the rewards, the card's high APR takes some of the luster from the RUNWAYREWARDS Credit Card.
Better Cards to Use at New York & Company
If most of your business wardrobe has "NY&C" on the label, then you may get decent use out of the RUNWAYREWARDS Credit Card, as its rewards rate is certainly hard to beat. However, both the card and its rewards can only be used at New York & Company, making them useful only for branded purchases.
All in all, if you don't spend enough with the company each year to earn Premier status — or can't pay those purchases off right away to avoid the high APR — then this card will be of limited use (and limited savings).
Cash back credit cards are a reliable way to save on every purchase, giving you simple rewards that can be redeemed for a statement credit. While you won't get the same rewards rate with an open-loop cash back card as with the RUNWAYREWARDS Credit Card, you can earn and use your cash back rewards anywhere your card is accepted.
at Chase'ssecure website
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.74-25.49%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase - it's automatic
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
0% Intro APR on Purchases for 15 months
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 15 months
16.74% - 25.49% Variable
Competitive only when compared to other store cards, the 27.24% APR charged by the RUNWAYREWARDS Credit Card can make any purchase more expensive when its allowed to accrue interest. An all-purpose credit card with an introductory 0% APR not only reduces the interest rate to nothing for the length of the offer, but these cards can be used anywhere (including NY&C).
at Wells Fargo'ssecure website
- 0% Intro APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a 16.90%-26.74% variable APR; balance transfer fees apply
- Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card
- Free access to your FICO® Credit Score with Wells Fargo Online®
- Zero Liability protection for promptly reported unauthorized transactions
- Convenient tools to help create a budget and manage your spending with My Money Map
- $0 Annual Fee
0% for 18 months
0% for 18 months
While New York & Company may be known for its work wear, it doesn't have to be all business with a good travel rewards credit card. You can earn points or miles on every blouse and pair of slacks, getting yourself that much closer to the vacation of your dreams — no work wear required.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
14.74% - 24.74% (Variable)
$0 intro for first year; $95 after that
With so many credit cards on the market that offer awesome rewards and low APRs, the only real reason to get a RUNWAYREWARDS Credit Card is if you spend the $400 a year needed to get the maximum rewards. Otherwise, it will be relatively easy for most consumers to find a better card that meets more of their financial needs.
What Others Say About the New York & Company Credit Card
While many reviewers enjoyed the savings from using their NY&C Rewards Credit Card, others felt the rewards weren't very special, and a few reviewers had trouble redeeming those rewards in the store. The other major gripe of most reviewers — with good reason — is the high APR, which can lead to high interest fees for those who carry a balance thanks to the high price of the store's products.
This credit card is just OK. It doesn't really provide a lot of perks as other store credit cards offer, and there are rarely any promotions. It is a very basic card, and the free shipping is really the most convenient feature of the card. The interest rate is also fairly high compared to other cards. It is a card that you will want to pay off monthly. Overall, it is just OK. — WalletHub.com”
I got talked into signing up for this card one day in the store. The person helping me told me about the great discount I was going to get if I signed up for the card. While I did save a lot of money on my purchase that day, I ended up losing money in the long run on interest. This card has a really high interest rate. It does have a lot of great perks. You get special deals and discounts in store if you are a cardholder. However, none of that is worth it if you do not pay the card off completely each month. The interest rate on this card is so high that you end up paying almost double for your clothes. It definitely is not worth it unless you can have extreme self control with it. I would not recommend opening one of these cards unless you really want the rewards. I did not think it was a great credit card and ended up closing mine. — Viewpoints.com”
I love this clothing store; I have no complaints. However, the credit card is a joke with regards to the rewards program. NY & C always has some promo or huge sale and the rewards are NEVER valid! I recently received a $40 off coupon, with no restrictions. Well, guess what, I was not able to use it!!! When you call customer service, they basically can do nothing nor can a supervisor. I got the CC mainly for the "rewards," I will not ever use this cc again, it will eventually cancel itself out! — ConsumerAffairs.com”
Is the New York & Company Card Right for You?
The modern business world may not be as suit-centric as it used to be, but a smart business wardrobe is still a requirement for many professions. If your work wardrobe comes from New York & Company, you may spend enough each calendar year to reach Premier status, making the RUNWAYREWARDS Credit Card a competitive addition to your wallet.
For everyone else, the limited use of the card and its rewards, plus the high interest rate charged on carried balances, make the RUNWAYREWARDS Credit Card poor competition against an open-loop credit card with more usability and a more reasonable APR.