Store Credit Card
The store known as Loft was established in 1996 as Ann Taylor Loft, an extension of the popular Ann Taylor women's apparel brand. Though still focused on put-together looks for home and work, Loft traditionally offers more relaxed, casual options than its more formal progenitor. Many of the more than 500 Loft stores are found in suburban shopping malls across the country, though some stores can be found in standalone or strip-mall locations.
Given that a typical Loft top can cost between $30 and $50, and the average dress comes in over $70, many loyal Loft shoppers are likely looking for ways to save on their casual business wear. The Love Loft Credit Card offers cardholders the ability to earn rewards points on every Loft purchase but, like most store cards, is a bad way to make purchases unless you can pay them off right away.
Better Cards to Use at Loft
With a decent rewards rate, the Love Loft Credit Card's benefits are definitely competitive — but that's where the card's usefulness comes to an end. Its high APR makes it bad for carrying a balance, and the limited number of stores where it can be used makes it somewhat of a one-trick pony.
Overall, an all-purpose rewards credit card is a better option if you're looking for a new credit card that can help you save on clothing purchases and everything else you buy. And most prime credit cards will offer lower rates for those prone to carrying a balance.
Although few cash back credit cards will provide a better rewards rate on Loft purchases than the Love Loft Credit Card, an open-loop rewards card will let you earn — and redeem — rewards for more than just filling your closet. Choose a card with bonus rewards categories that match your spending habits to get the most out of your rewards card.
at Chase'ssecure website
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase - it's automatic
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.74-25.49%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
0% Intro APR on Purchases for 15 months
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 15 months
16.74% - 25.49% Variable
Unless you're solely shopping discount racks, it can get pricey to revamp your work wardrobe, particularly if you're a fan of Loft and its family of pricey brands. Unfortunately, putting a big clothing haul on your Love Loft Credit Card can mean heaps of interest fees if you can't pay it off right away.
If you have a big buy coming up that you may need a few months to repay, a credit card with an introductory 0% APR offer is often your best bet for avoiding high interest fees.
at Wells Fargo'ssecure website
- 0% Intro APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a 16.90%-26.74% variable APR; balance transfer fees apply
- Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card
- Free access to your FICO® Credit Score with Wells Fargo Online®
- Zero Liability protection for promptly reported unauthorized transactions
- Convenient tools to help create a budget and manage your spending with My Money Map
- $0 Annual Fee
0% for 18 months
0% for 18 months
While you may be shopping Loft for a casual work wardrobe, each blouse and pair of slacks can help you earn your way to a well-earned vacation with the right travel rewards credit card. The points and miles you earn can be used to pay for flights, hotel stays, and other travel-related expenses that can get you out of the office and onto the sand (or slopes, as the case may be).
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Travel when you want with no blackout dates
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
14.74% - 24.74% (Variable)
$0 intro for first year; $95 after that
The Love Loft Credit Card may be a good addition to the wallet of regular Loft shoppers who can pay off their purchases before accruing interest. For everyone else, the card's limitations mean it will likely just take up room in your wallet that can be better used for an all-around rewards card or low-APR option.
What Others Say About the Loft Credit Card
The rewards, discounts, and sales offered to cardholders are a big hit with many Love Loft Credit Card reviewers, but many others report having issues with the card's customer service, particularly when trying to cancel a card.
While the Loft credit card appears like a fantastic option to first, I would caution people against enrolling in the program. While there are a lot of options to earn rewards (5 points for each $1), and it is accepted at nearly every Loft retail venue, the ~25% interest rate is pretty concerning. If you shop at Loft fairly exclusively and are EXTREMELY diligent about paying off the balance each month, that might justify the risk-reward ratio. Otherwise, I would probably advise against it. — WalletHub.com”
A fantastic store for women of all shapes and sizes. The online site has additional styles and sizes available. I love the loft credit card (also can be used at Ann Taylor) which has great rewards. From dresses to shoes to scarves to dress pants — you really cannot go wrong with the Loft! I've been a brand loyal for 5+ years!!!!! — Influenster.com”
After applying for the Loft Credit Card, I made a purchase around $18 in September. I did receive the credit card in the mail, but I never received any credit card statement and totally forgot about this until I got a collection call in December asking for immediate payment around $63. I could not even remember what the $63 charge was for until I created a Loft login online and checked the statement. It turned out the additional $45 were two late payment fees and finance charges. They told me I could make a minimum payment, but I told them, first of all, I never received the credit card statements, secondly, I will make the full payment, but it was really not my fault, why should I pay the late fee? So they agreed to take off one late fee charge and I ended paying with around $40. — ConsumerAffairs.com”
Is the Loft Card Right for You?
Since the Love Loft Credit Card can be used to make purchases with any Ann Inc. brand, it's a little more useful than your typical store credit card — but not by much. In the end, while Loft loyalists who can make the most of the card's rewards and discounts may find it a worthwhile addition to their credit card collection, it's likely that few sporadic Loft shoppers will find the card worth picking up.