Store Credit Card
David's Bridal was founded by David Reisberg in 1950 as a small bridal boutique in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. In 1972, Phillip Youtie purchased the salon and began to expand the brand into new locations. Today, David's Bridal stores can be found in all 50 states, with more than 300 locations throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, and the UK.
Given that wedding dresses average over $1,000, it makes sense that a bride-focused brand like David's Bridal would offer a store credit card with special financing to help hopeful brides afford their dress. But beware, because the David's Bridal Credit Card operates with deferred financing that may end up costing you more than you expect.
Better Cards to Use at David's Bridal
With no rewards, no perks, and only mediocre financing as its selling point, the David's Bridal Credit Card is far from being a winner — especially when you consider the dozens of rewards cards and intro-APR offers that make better options for saving on your dress.
Although few cash back rewards credit cards will offer bonus rewards for David's Bridal purchases, even the most basic rewards card will offer a better rate than the David's Bridal Credit Card — because anything is better than zero.
Even better, most rewards credit cards come with valuable signup bonuses that can easily be met by an average wedding dress purchase. You can even find a number of great cash back rewards cards with intro-APR offers so you can enjoy interest-free dress buying.
at Chase'ssecure website
- New Offer! Double Cash Back: Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee
0% Intro APR on Purchases 15 months
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers 15 months
17.24% - 25.99% Variable
If you're looking to finance your dress purchase with a credit card and have at least fair credit, you can likely find a much better deal than that provided by the David's Bridal Credit Card, if only due to the lack of deferred financing that means you won't be charged back interest if you need more time to repay your purchase. With good to excellent credit, you can find even better deals, with 12 months or more of interest-free purchasing and the option to earn rewards.
at Wells Fargo'ssecure website
- 0% Intro APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 13.74%-27.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
- Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Platinum Visa card
- Easy access to your FICO® Credit Score with Wells Fargo Online®
- Zero Liability protection for promptly reported unauthorized transactions
- Convenient tools to help create a budget and manage your spending with My Money Map
- $0 Annual Fee
0% for 18 months
0% for 18 months on qualifying balance transfers
Considering the high cost of most dresses, wouldn't it be nice if you could get a little extra out of that big expense? If you use a good travel rewards credit card to purchase your dress, you could earn points or miles that can be redeemed for free airfare, hotel stays, and other travel expenses that can help you afford the honeymoon of your dreams.
at Discover Card'ssecure website
- INTRO OFFER: Discover will match ALL the Miles you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 35,000 Miles, you get 70,000 Miles. That’s $700 towards travel!
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases all with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates - fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
- Redeem your Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
0% for 14 months
10.99% for 14 months
14.24% - 25.24% Variable
All in all, the David's Bridal Credit Card is rarely going to be the best card for the job — any job. Most consumers are better off running away with a good rewards card and leaving the David's Bridal Credit Card at the altar.
What Others Say About the David's Bridal Credit Card
The David's Bridal Credit Card is generally given few compliments, with many reviewers reporting that the special financing and deferred interest were not adequately disclosed before they signed up for the card. Others report being misled about the type of credit inquiry that would be used to evaluate their applications. The card's customer service is also at the center of several consumer complaints.
When purchasing a wedding gown David's Bridal sales associate did not inform me that the 6 months no interest would begin at the time the dress was purchased, although the dress did not come into the store until a month before the wedding. The fees incurred are inflated and the finance charge is over the top. The sales people talk you into getting a credit card and they do a good job of sucking you into paying more money than what you are paying for the gown with the finance charges. Please do not be taken by the smoke and mirrors they portray at David's Bridal. Purchase your gown and do not finance it. Biggest ripoff I have ever seen. Pathetic!!! — my3cents.com”
I am NOT HAPPY that they told me it was going to be a soft credit check and instead it was a hard credit check. I’ve been meticulously building and checking my credit and JUST finally had a good credit score built, literally overnight my credit dropped 25 points from having this card. At least I can just pay my dress off in 6 months with no interest and then shred the card and never use it again. I’m mad they lied to me about it. Is that even legal???? — CreditKarma.com”
I'm seriously disappointed with the store's service and the credit card service. I purchased my wedding dress in your Bismarck store on November 11th. Both ladies that were helping me were wonderful to us until your store card came up. My fiancée and two friends were with me. I found my dream dress for $600. I didn't have enough money to purchase with cash. I was informed that there was an interest free promotion going. I asked if I put this purchase on your store card when interest would start and was told August. I did not get approved but I got my mom on the phone and she was also assured we had until August before interest would hit. She was approved. Trusting these ladies, I also purchased other accessories which made the purchase total close to $1300. My mother opened the statement yesterday and found a $134 interest charge!! We were lied to!! I called the store back and not a single person there was willing to say anything to me other than we only offer six months! Had I known I was being lied to I would have never added the other accessories. What makes me more mad is that nobody I talked to in store gave a crap I was lied to. I will NEVER set foot in another David's bridal store again! — ConsumerAffairs.com”
Is the David's Bridal Card Right for You?
Basking in the glow of impending nuptials and picking the dress of your dreams, it can be easy to fall sway to the convincing salesperson who is just certain you need a David's Bridal Credit Card to pay off your purchase — but it's likely a mistake for most shoppers. The card's only appeal is its sub-par deferred interest financing that can easily turn into hundreds of dollars worth of interest you didn't think you'd have to pay.
Whether you're looking to earn rewards on your dress purchase or simply get a little more time to pay it off, there's likely an all-purpose, open-loop credit card that can do a better job than the David's Bridal Credit Card, and you'll be able to use it for far more than just your dress.