Store Credit Card
While today comprised of Bealls Florida and Bealls Outlet, the Bealls, Inc. company began in 1915 as a dry goods store in Bradenton, Florida. Dedicated to affordability, Robert Beall's original store was called The Dollar Limit and sold all of its merchandise for $1 or less. Today's Bealls department stores maintain the original spirit of thrift by offering discount and budget fashion to customers from its 500 nationwide locations.
Similar to other multi-faceted brands, Bealls has two distinct credit card products for each of its main brands. The Bealls Florida Credit Card, which earns Coast2Coast Rewards, is usable at Bealls Florida locations. The Bealls Outlet Credit Card, which operates on the One Card loyalty program, can be used in Bealls Outlets nationwide.
Better Cards to Use at Bealls
While the rewards rates offered by the Bealls Florida Credit Card and Bealls Outlet Credit Card are decently competitive, the fact that the cards can't be used anywhere but their associated stores and websites means those rewards are of limited use, as well. In addition, the high APRs charged by both cards mean carrying a balance from your Bealls purchases can mean big interest fees if you're not careful.
Instead of limiting yourself to a potentially expensive card you'll only use in one store, you're likely better off with an open-loop rewards card that can be used to make purchases — and, almost more importantly, to earn rewards — anywhere.
Although you'll be hard-pressed to find a general rewards credit card that offers the same 5% rewards rate on Bealls purchases as the company's own cards, you can pair your non-cardholder Bealls loyalty points with a regular rewards card to earn both Bealls rewards as well as more all-purpose rewards. Plus, some rewards cards will offer bonus rewards for department store purchases, increasing your savings.
at Chase'ssecure website
- New Offer! Double Cash Back: Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee
0% Intro APR on Purchases 15 months
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers 15 months
17.24% - 25.99% Variable
Other than their limited usability, the other main thing dragging down the Bealls credit cards is their high APRs. Even a small balance can balloon quickly when left to accrue interest month after month. With a good intro-APR credit card, however, you can enjoy interest-free purchasing for 12 months or more, and you won't be limited to Bealls purchases alone.
at Wells Fargo'ssecure website
- 0% Intro APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 13.74%-27.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
- Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Platinum Visa card
- Easy access to your FICO® Credit Score with Wells Fargo Online®
- Zero Liability protection for promptly reported unauthorized transactions
- Convenient tools to help create a budget and manage your spending with My Money Map
- $0 Annual Fee
0% for 18 months
0% for 18 months on qualifying balance transfers
With a brand new Bealls wardrobe in your closet, the next obvious step is to head on vacation to show off your new duds. No? Well, had you used a quality travel rewards credit card to make those Bealls purchases, you could've earned points or miles good for free flights and hotel stays, putting you that much closer to your next dream vacation.
at Discover Card'ssecure website
- INTRO OFFER: Discover will match ALL the Miles you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 30,000 Miles, you get 60,000 Miles. That's $600 towards travel!
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases all with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates - fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
- Redeem your Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
0% for 14 months
10.99% for 14 months
14.24% - 25.24% Variable
If the decision to obtain a credit card solely came down to the rewards it earns, then the Bealls Florida Credit Card and Bealls Outlet Credit Card would be decent contenders. However, many other factors come into play when choosing a card, not the least of which are its APR and overall utility — two areas where the Bealls credit cards definitely fall short of the competition.
What Others Say About the Bealls Credit Card
According to reviewers, customer service for the Bealls Florida Credit Card is hit or miss, with some reviewers reporting difficulties getting someone on the phone. Many reviewers also report being unhappy about the card's late fees, while others bemoan the high interest rate.
Bealls isn't a one-stop destination, like retail giants Target and Walmart, but the store is a favorite of many Florida residents who enjoy their range of clothing, shoes, and household goods. If you're one of those Floridians who shops at Bealls often, you may be considering its credit card to take advantage of the many rewards offered. Bealls Florida card is good for loyal shoppers looking to rebuild credit responsibly. But while store credit cards can be a very good way to establish a credit history and build up your credit score, they often come with a punishingly high APR — and the Bealls Florida credit card, issued by Comenity Bank, is no exception. Frequent shoppers may find value with the Bealls Florida credit card by pairing it with the Coast2Coast Rewards program. But unless you want to rebuild your credit and you also plan on paying off the balance in full every month to avoid the interest rate, you may be better off using another kind of rewards card for your Bealls purchases. — CreditLoan.com”
Love love love Bealls in Florida! My favorite day to shop is Monday, Seniors Day, 15% off and always use my card to rack up my points. The only place in town to find discounted TERVIS cups and Green produce bags :) I only wish the interest rate was lower, so I try to pay it off every month. — WalletHub.com”
If you value your credit rating, don’t get a credit card from this company. I opened a credit card in December. A bill arrived the last week of January. On 2/2, I opened the bill to discover it was due on 2/1. I immediately called to inform them that I had just received the bill and I paid it in full over the phone. Today 3/13, I get my second bill expecting a zero balance but to my surprise I owe $58.48. Again, I call immediately to inquire about the balance since I haven’t charged anything. They informed me that I was charged $27.00 late fee on 2/2 plus 3.48 interest. Then they stated that I missed another payment (for a bill I still haven’t received) so another 28.00 was charged to my account bringing my total to 58.48 in late charges in less than 3 months. As a person whose credit rating is 800+ I was completely dumbfounded by the unscrupulous charges and shared that information with their customer service rep just moments before I told her to close my account. Of course, she stated that the late charges won’t be reported. Then to add insult to injury, she offered me a $10 coupon and 15% off my next purchase if I would keep my account open. Unbelievable!!! — TrustPilot.com”
Is the Bealls Card Right for You?
For regular Bealls Florida or Bealls Outlet shoppers, the branded store credit cards can be an easy way to earn extra loyalty points and earn the occasional discount. Those savings are less impressive, however, when compared to what you could potentially earn simply by joining the store's loyalty program and using an all-purpose rewards card.
Plus, each card is severely limited in its use; not only can't you use them outside of Bealls, but each card may be limited to the specific type of Bealls for which its issued. The limited use paired with the super high APRs mean these cards are unlikely to be worthwhile to your average shopper — and only of moderate use to dedicated Bealls believers.