CardRates.com is proud to offer the Financial Futures Scholarship to future and current college students majoring in Business, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Management, and others preparing for a career in the personal finance industry.
Applicants will be judged based on outstanding academic achievement and submission of an essay. The scholarship award amount is $1,000.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Majoring in business, accounting, finance, mathematics, management, and others related to the personal finance industry
- Must be a U.S. resident
- Must send in an official transcript
- Must be a current or future college student (e.g., high school senior)
- Scholarship must go to tuition purposes (will be paid directly to the university/college)
- Complete an essay for submission (see essay guidelines below)
Please note the following deadlines for the spring term:
- Due Date: July 31st annually
- Announced: August 31st annually
- Awarded: August 31st annually
To qualify for the scholarship, please follow the essay guidelines below:
- Essay Topic: In 10 years, how do you see yourself impacting the finance industry?
- The essay title must be: “How I Will Impact The Finance Industry”.
- The essay should be 500-900 words.
- Any resources should be carefully noted and cited appropriately using the MLA format.
- Any plagiarism or fabrication will disqualify the applicant from award disbursement.
- Essay should be 12-point font, Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1-inch margins.
How to Apply
To apply, please mail your official transcript and original essay to the following address:
Attn: Financial Futures Scholarship
15 SE 1st Ave
Gainesville, FL 32601
For further questions on the Financial Futures Scholarship, please submit your inquiry via our online contact form.
We’re happy to announce Arpan B. of King High School in Tampa is 2019’s Financial Futures Scholarship winner! Arpan is planning on pursuing a career in fintech and hopes specifically to leverage blockchain technology to enhance financial services in more rural parts of the world to reduce poverty in underserved populations.