For many of us, credit cards are utilitarian products — a means to an end — but there’s a lot to be said about aesthetic appeal. Have you ever considered what kinds of options are out there for cute credit cards?
Between gas, lunch, and that mid-afternoon pick-me-up, chances are good you pull out your trusty credit card several times a day to make a purchase. But despite the fact that many of us look at our credit cards on a daily basis, the sad fact is that most of those little plastic cards are downright boring to behold.
Most — but not all.
Some credit card issuers offer cards that come with a wide range of graphic and color options, customizable image uploads, or fashionable designs that make a real statement.
Best Picks for Cute Capital One Credit Cards
As one of the youngest of the major credit card issuers, it makes sense that Capital One might be a little more fashion-forward than some of its centenarian counterparts. Moreover, Capital One puts the design power in your hands, allowing cardholders to customize their graphics through the Capital One Image Card design studio.
Not only can users select from a large catalog of available graphics, but they can also upload their own images for a completely personalized card. And if you want a fashionable credit card that feels more substantial, the bank’s popular travel option, the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card, is available to new cardholders in a sleek metal finish that is sure to raise a few eyebrows.
Customizing your Capital One credit card is remarkably easy, and the entire process can be completed online through your Capital One account. Simply sign into your online account and select “Change Image On Card” from the drop-down Services menu. You’ll be taken to the design studio where you can select a graphic from the available options or upload your own image.
Once you’ve finished your edits to make the image just right, Capital One will review your design to ensure it doesn’t violate any of its guidelines. As long as your submitted design doesn’t violate copyright or contain prohibited or controversial subject matter, Capital One will send it to the printers. You should receive your new, customized card in a matter of weeks.
Best Picks for Cute Discover Credit Cards
The pioneer of credit card cash back rewards, Discover has also long offered cardholders a variety of designs to customize their Discover rewards cards. Discover it® cardholders can choose from a collection of more than 40 credit card designs that include things like a fun and retro mixtape and a relaxing tropical island.
If graphic designs aren’t your cup of tea, you can choose from a variety of textured solids with a classic finish inspired by brushed nickel. The color palette is broad, with names inspired by nature, including charcoal, copper, gold, garnet, quartz, ocean, spruce, raspberry, and plum.
As the official credit card of the National Hockey League, Discover also offers specialty card designs for hockey lovers. Cardholders can choose a card featuring the NHL logo, or they can pick from any team in the league to show off their team pride. All NHL® Discover it® cards include the team (or league) logo over a styled background in the team colors (the logo card is grey).
If you already have a Discover it® card and want to choose a new card design, you can do so easily online through your Discover account. Simply log into your account and head to the “Manage My Card” section. Here, you’ll be able to choose to order an additional card or to order a card to replace your current one — either of which is free — then you can pick your preferred card design. New cards should arrive in the mail within four to six business days.
Best Picks for Cute Chase Credit Cards
While most everyone loves an adorable family photo or cute-as-can-be puppy at play, sometimes you may want something a little more refined than Fido’s drool-covered face on your credit card. True to its reputation as an issuer of some of the top credit cards on the market, Chase doesn’t try to out-cute its credit card competitors; instead, the bank has two high-fashion cards that make a lasting impression.
In particular, the Chase Sapphire Reserve® and its sister card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred®, offer fashionable, classic styles in sophisticated metal finishes that look — and feel — both solid and luxurious. Although these cards won’t make you, “Awww!” at the cuteness, coming in at a hefty 13 grams, they may make you (and everyone else), “Oooh!” at the fantastic design.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That's 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
15.99% - 22.99% Variable
As awesome as their metallic finishes are, however, the looks of these two fashionable Chase credit cards aren’t the only things premium about them. The more affordable of the two, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® card, is a popular travel option for mid-budget travelers who want to enjoy the flexibility of Ultimate Rewards points.
And the Chase Sapphire Reserve® is widely considered a top premium travel credit card. With the Reserve, you can not only earn an impressive 3X points per $1 on travel and dining purchases, but also receive airport lounge access through Priority Pass™ Select, an annual travel credit, and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
What Does Your Credit Card Design Say About You?
Other than our phones and keys, our credit cards are likely the items that we take everywhere. That being the case, it’s little surprise that so many of us want our credit cards to have a little style, a bit of pizazz, or that je ne sais quoi that really sets it apart from every other boring old credit card in the store.
While it’s certainly not a great idea to choose your credit card solely for how it looks (that advice applies to selecting shoes, cars, and romantic partners, too, FYI) a card’s “Wow!” factor can often be the deciding factor when it comes to choosing between cards with similar rates and rewards. So, what does your credit card’s design say about you?