Are you considering the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card? Before you apply for the card, you'll want to learn some key facts about the offer and how it compares to others on the market.
In reviewing the card, our staff rated it a 4.5 out of 5.0.
The long introductory periods of 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers make this an attractive card for those looking to carry a balance. Beware its lack of a rewards program, however.
Here's a rundown of the key features, rates, and terms of the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card:
Disclosure: When you apply through links on our site, we often earn referral fees from partners. For more information, see our ad disclosure and review policy.
CardRates.com is a free online resource that offers valuable content and comparison services to users. To keep this resource 100% free, we receive compensation for referrals for many of the offers listed on the site. Along with key review factors, this compensation may impact how and where products appear across CardRates.com (including, for example, the order in which they appear). CardRates.com does not include the entire universe of available offers. Editorial opinions expressed on the site are strictly our own and are not provided, endorsed, or approved by advertisers.
- 0% Intro APR for 21 months on balance transfers from date of first transfer and 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases from date of account opening. After that the variable APR will be 18.24% - 28.99%, based on your creditworthiness. Balance transfers must be completed within 4 months of account opening.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Get free access to your FICO® Score online.
- With Citi Entertainment®, get special access to purchase tickets to thousands of events, including concerts, sporting events, dining experiences and more.
- No Annual Fee - our low intro rates and all the benefits don’t come with a yearly charge.
0% 12 months on Purchases
0% 21 months on Balance Transfers
18.24% - 28.99% (Variable)
Additional Disclosure: Citi is a CardRates advertiser.
There's certainly a lot to like about the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card. Let's dive deeper into the card's rates and fees, as they could make or break whether owning the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card is right for you.
According to the issuer, the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card currently charges the following interest rates on purchases and balance transfers:
- Purchase Intro: 0% 12 months on Purchases
- Balance Transfer Intro: 0% 21 months on Balance Transfers
- Regular APR: 18.24% - 28.99% (Variable)
Here's the annual fee for the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card as listed by the issuer:
See site for details »
According to the issuer, the current general credit history requirement for the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card is:
- Credit Level: Excellent, Good
If you feel you have the credit needed for approval and you're ready to apply, you can do so online on the issuer's secure website.
Keep in mind that rates and features may change, so if you like what the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card is offering today, you may want to apply now to lock it in current terms before it's too late.
Below are all the ratings our team gives the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card, along with the card's ranking within each category. To see how it compares to other cards, simply click on the category name:
All told, our team's review of the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card resulted in a rating of 4.5 out of 5.0, as the card features many pros and cons for a potential cardholder to consider. Ultimately, it's up to you to determine if the card's benefits outweigh its possible drawbacks.
If you're ready to apply for the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card, here is the link the issuer's official application:
Are you ready to apply for the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card offer? Be sure to read up on all of its terms and details first, then apply via the provider’s secure website:
If you’d like to keep researching, you may want to try one of our popular guides to the top offers available. We break down a variety of offers, including many similar to Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card:
Whether you decide on Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card or another option, be sure to make all your payments on time and keep your balance below the credit limit.