As a Chase Freedom® owner, I can vouch for how great its rotating 5% cash back categories can be for savings. Each quarter of the year becomes a great time to save on things you already spend money on, like gas, groceries, dining out, and holiday shopping.
If you’re reading this article, the odds are high that you’ve already received a GetChaseFreedom.com invitation in your inbox or mailbox. Congratulations, because this means your credit score is in good shape. The Chase Freedom® is considered to be a card for those in the “good” to “excellent” credit range, and you wouldn’t get an offer like this if Chase didn’t consider you a strong candidate for the Chase Freedom®.
You’re minutes away from applying for one of the most sought-after cards on the market. But first, we’ll walk you through signing up at GetChaseFreedom.com and tell you about some other Chase cards that can really help you maximize the rewards available when used together. Keep reading as we explore the Chase Freedom® card and some of the other top cards in the Chase credit card family. Even if the Chase Freedom® card isn’t the best fit for you, perhaps you’ll find some of their other offerings appealing.
1. Visit GetChaseFreedom.com with Your Invitation Number
If you’ve received the GetChaseFreedom.com invitation in the mail, you’re just a few steps away from submitting an application for one of our favorite cards.
First, go to GetChaseFreedom.com and you’ll be greeted by this secure welcome page.
The site will ask you to enter your 12-digit Invitation Number, ZIP Code, and last name to confirm you’ve actually been invited to apply. Once you submit this form, Chase will ask you for some extra personal and employment information to help confirm your identity.
Your odds of approval are high since Chase reviewed your credit score and reached out to you about getting the Chase Freedom®. Below you can see specific details of the Chase Freedom® and easily apply through the issuer’s website by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 14.99 - 23.74%.
- 3% intro balance transfer fee when you transfer a balance during the first 60 days your account is open, with a minimum of $5.
- No annual fee
0% Intro APR on Purchases 15 months
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers 15 months
14.99% - 23.74% Variable
If you’re approved, read below because we have more information on what you should know about your new card.
2. Maximize Freedom Rewards with Other Chase Offers
If you already have a Chase Freedom® or there’s one coming in the mail, you should know about some of the other Chase cards that you can use in conjunction with your Chase Freedom® that can really help you rack up the rewards.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is an exceptional companion to the Chase Freedom®, especially if you enjoy traveling and dining out because you’ll earn twice the points on these types of purchases.
As previously mentioned, the Chase Freedom® is known for having no annual fee and offering 5% cash back in rotating quarterly categories. Chase allows you to transfer points earned on your Chase Freedom® to your Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, and when you book travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards program, your points are worth 1.25 cents per point.
In this arrangement, you can look at the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card card, which has no foreign transaction fees, as your vacation card because you’ll have a lot of extra cash back you can devote to getting out and seeing the world. Check out more information on how to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card card:
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That's 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
15.99% - 22.99% Variable
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® is another excellent pairing with the Chase Freedom®, providing a higher, fixed cash-back percentage on every purchase. In this arrangement, you’ll get your 5% cash back on whatever category is in session with your Chase Freedom® and 1.5% cash back on every other purchase with your Chase Freedom Unlimited®.
So no matter what you buy, you can count on earning rewards every time you swipe your Chase cards. Below are extra details for obtaining the Chase Freedom®:
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 14.99 - 23.74%.
- No annual fee
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
0% 15 Months
3. Be Mindful of the 5/24 Rule Before Applying
Before applying for a second Chase offer, you should be aware that Chase adheres to what’s been dubbed the “5/24” rule. Essentially, Chase is likely to reject applications from people who have applied for five or more credit cards in the past 24 months. Even if your credit is in good standing, you could be rejected on a Chase application for a card you would otherwise be qualified for.
Most people won’t fall into this category, but if you’ve already applied for multiple credit cards in the past two years, you should prioritize your Chase applications. If the Chase Freedom® is at the top of your list, be sure to apply for it before trying for one of Chase’s other offers.
Chase Freedom® is a Great Option Among Rewards Cards
With a GetChaseFreedom.com invitation in hand, you’re well on your way to acquiring an excellent credit card. Once you have your Chase Freedom®, be sure to activate the quarterly awards on your account page. The 5% rotating cash back rewards are not something you want to miss out on.
I typically try to be aware of which category is active and use my Chase Freedom® exclusively on these types of purchases. That’s why it’s such an effective strategy to couple the Chase Freedom® with another card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card — using two or more cards in conjunction can really rack up the rewards, and Chase has several options that can help your rewards points add up quickly.