Store Credit Card
A common sight in malls across the country, Maurices is a women's clothing retailer with a long history of providing small towns with big fashion. The brand was established in the city of Duluth, Minnesota in 1931, and has since expanded into over 1,000 stores in the US and Canada. Maurices is perhaps best known for its wide range of clothing sizes, providing affordable fashion in sizes from 0 to 26.
While the mymaurices VIP Credit Card has been through some changes over the last few years — most notably switching from being backed by Comenity Bank to Capital One — those changes have seemed to be for the better. Offering exclusive discounts and bonus rewards, regular shoppers can get a lot out of their mymaurices VIP Credit Card — so long as they don't carry a balance.
Better Cards to Use at Maurices
With a massive 10% discount and free shipping, the mymaurices VIP Credit Card has a lot to offer loyal Maurices shoppers. But for anyone not mad about Maurices, the mymaurices VIP card will simply take up room better filled by a more functional open-loop credit card that can be used to make purchases anywhere — and at a better rate.
While few cash back cards on the market can compete with the 10% discount offered by the mymaurices VIP Credit Card, the fact that you can only earn that 10% on Maurices purchases limits its value fairly significantly. Instead, you can find a number of cards offering cash back rewards on every purchase — some ranging as high as 5% — helping you earn (and save) on gas and groceries, as well as blouses and tees.
at Chase'ssecure website
- New Offer! Double Cash Back: Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee
0% Intro APR on Purchases 15 months
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers 15 months
17.24% - 25.99% Variable
Although your typical fashionista likely loves a good shopping spree, few shoppers love paying more for their purchases due to credit card interest fees stacking up. However, the mymaurices VIP Credit Card's high APR will mean just that if you carry a balance. With the right intro-APR credit card offer, however, you can eliminate pricey interest fees for 12 months or more, enjoying interest-free financing on just about everything, including the latest line from Maurices.
at Wells Fargo'ssecure website
- 0% Intro APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 13.74%-27.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
- Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Platinum Visa card
- Easy access to your FICO® Credit Score with Wells Fargo Online®
- Zero Liability protection for promptly reported unauthorized transactions
- Convenient tools to help create a budget and manage your spending with My Money Map
- $0 Annual Fee
0% for 18 months
0% for 18 months on qualifying balance transfers
Maurices may house many of the latest trends, but wouldn't it be nice to shop your way to the next fall fashion show and check out the trends firsthand? With a quality travel rewards card in your wallet, every sweater, scarf, and slip-on can mean points or miles good toward free flights and hotel stays. Add in a killer signup bonus, and you could be next to the runway in no time.
at Discover Card'ssecure website
- INTRO OFFER: Discover will match ALL the Miles you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 35,000 Miles, you get 70,000 Miles. That’s $700 towards travel!
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases all with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates - fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
- Redeem your Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
0% for 14 months
10.99% for 14 months
14.24% - 25.24% Variable
Few credit cards — store cards or otherwise — can beat the mymaurices VIP Credit Card when it comes to saving on your next Maurices shopping trip, but no shopper can survive on Maurices alone. So, unless you shop the retailer on a regular basis, the card's bevy of benefits will likely fall a little flat, and you'll see much more lucrative perks from a quality cash back, travel, or intro-APR credit card deal.
What Others Say About the Maurices Credit Card
Overall, it seems that regular shoppers are huge fans of the mymaurices VIP Credit Card, and the internet abounds with happy reviewers. Of the nay-sayers, most dislike the card's closed-loop limitations. Though a few also report having trouble paying their bills online, these reviews seem to predate the switch to Capital One.
Although the interest rate is kind of high for a store card, I find that the deals outweigh them. I love Maurices and shop there at least once a month. Being a Maurices credit card holder helps me to get monthly savings and deals that I wouldn't get if I wasn't one. I get multiple coupons in the mail and use them on top of my discounts to earn even more savings. The application process was simple, and I highly recommend any Maurices customer to sign up!! The card is in their system, so even if you don't have the card on you, you can still use it! I love that. Very pleased with this service offered by Maurices. — WalletHub.com”
Maurice’s does offer advantages to shoppers through their branded credit card, like discounts and special offers. There’s no fee to use the card, either. But that’s about the extent of what the card can offer you — and you’re limited in that you can only use the card at the store. Combine that with the fact that the interest rate on the card is high, the credit limit can be extremely low, and there’s no way to earn reward points or rebates and Maurice’s credit card looks like a pretty raw deal even for loyal shoppers. Before taking out a line of credit with Maurice’s, consider some credit card alternatives that can help you make the most of your spending. — MyBankTracker.com”
I normally do a lot of shopping at this store, so getting a card just seemed like the sensible thing to do. Even though the interest rate is high (27.99%) as with any store card, I feel that the deals the store offers outweigh the APR. Plus, I try to keep my spending limit at only $200 a month so that I don't carry a huge balance over. I also get a whole bunch of coupons in the mail since I signed up for this card. — FinanceGlobe.com”
Is the Maurices Card Right for You?
If you're an avid Maurices shopaholic and already a member of the mymaurices program, you may get a lot of savings out of the mymaurices VIP Credit Card. On the other hand, the card's high APR and closed-loop restrictions mean those deals are limited.
In other words? Unless you spend enough time at Maurices that you're on a first-name basis with Maurice himself, chances are good you'll get better value out of a more usable card that provides benefits you can reap wherever you shop.