Store Credit Card
Founded by a young widow in 1904, Lane Bryant has long been a leading plus-size women's clothing retailer, but the brand's story goes much further than that. Lane Bryant — or, more precisely, its founder, Lena Bryant — actually pioneered plus-sized womenswear, as well as being the first manufacturer of the commercial maternity dress.
Today's Lane Bryant goes well beyond simple plus-size and maternity wear, offering everything from apparel and intimates to shoes and accessories from its 700-plus retail locations around the US. Good in any of those hundreds of stores, the Lane Bryant Credit Card allows cardholders to earn points for every purchase, making it a valuable prospect for a frequent shopper who won't fall victim to the card's high APR.
Better Cards to Use at Lane Bryant
Although Lane Bryant Credit Card users can earn a respectable 5% rewards rate — or more, if they reach a higher Status level — the rewards of the card are its only real saving grace (and even those are limited by your status level). The card can't be used outside of the Lane Bryant family of brands, making it practically useless outside your favorite mall.
Furthermore, the card's huge 28.24% interest rate is barely competitive for a store card, let alone a prime consumer credit card. For most shoppers, the better value will be in an open-loop rewards credit card with no annual fee or a great interest rate offer.
Straightforward to earn and simple to redeem, cash back rewards are an easy way to save on every purchase without needing to worry about how to maximize your redemption options or increase your per-point value. You can find solid return rates for unlimited cash back rewards cards, or choose a card that offers even higher rates for purchases that fall into popular bonus categories.
at Chase'ssecure website
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase - it's automatic
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.74-25.49%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
0% Intro APR on Purchases for 15 months
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 15 months
16.74% - 25.49% Variable
If credit cardholders have a single bane, it's likely credit card interest fees, which can balloon even the smallest of balances into big nightmares. Introductory 0% APR card offers are the weapon of choice for many consumers in the battle against high rates, with many of the best cards offering 12 months or more of interest-free balances.
at Wells Fargo'ssecure website
- 0% Intro APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a 16.90%-26.74% variable APR; balance transfer fees apply
- Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card
- Free access to your FICO® Credit Score with Wells Fargo Online®
- Zero Liability protection for promptly reported unauthorized transactions
- Convenient tools to help create a budget and manage your spending with My Money Map
- $0 Annual Fee
0% for 18 months
0% for 18 months
When shopping for a new outfit or that perfect bathing suit, chances are you're also thinking about the perfect places to wear them. With a great travel rewards credit card, you can not only earn rewards on every new purchase, but you can redeem those rewards toward free travel expenses to ensure you have an amazing destination to show off your new duds.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime
- Travel when you want with no blackout dates
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
14.74% - 24.74% (Variable)
$0 intro for first year; $95 after that
Beating the Lane Bryant Credit Card's high interest rates is easy for our favorite prime cards, and you can often earn great rewards while enjoying those low rates. What's more, you won't need to meet minimum spending requirements or run up against monthly rewards caps with most top rewards cards, giving you no limit on how much savings you can earn.
What Others Say About the Lane Bryant Credit Card
While many reviewers like the rewards offered by the Lane Bryant Credit Card, most dislike the high fees, lower credit limits, and limited usability. The card's customer service has also drawn a lot of reviewer ire, with reports of problems making payments and unfriendly service representatives.
We've had a Lane Bryant card for a few years now, first starting off as a basic member with $150 in credit, and ultimately leading up to platinum status at the moment with over $600 in credit. That's one heck of a shopping spree! Applying for the card was quick and easy and done right there on the spot in the store. We got our card in the mail about a week later so that was a really fast turn around. The APR is a little high, but when you reach platinum status you can call them up and negotiate for a lower rate. Having this card entitles you to their magazine monthly and you frequently get coupons for things like $75 off $150, which means you can really maximize your savings. I would like to see more credit line increases, but that and the APR are about the only negatives I can think of. — WalletHub.com”
If you’re a frequent shopper at Lane Bryant, the brand known for focusing on women’s plus-size clothing, you may be tempted to apply for a Lane Bryant credit card. The retailer offers one card and you will probably be asked to fill out a Lane Bryant credit card application while you’re paying for your purchase in the store or during the online checkout process. After spontaneously deciding to get the card, many shoppers ask themselves, 'where can I use my Lane Bryant credit card?' Unfortunately, the Lane Bryant credit card can only be used in Lane Bryant stores or on their website. Before you sign on the dotted line for any credit card, you should consider whether the card benefits outweigh the potential costs. — MyBankTracker.com”
Seriously, I can't understand why they have all of these bad reviews. It didn't take but a few months to get a credit increase. The fees are more than fair. Nothing in life is free. Use the card reasonably and you shouldn't have many problems. — CreditKarma.com”
Is the Lane Bryant Card Right for You?
As the pioneer of plus-size and maternity wear, Lane Bryant is no doubt a leading destination for shoppers of many shapes and sizes. And the Lane Bryant Credit Card can be a valuable addition to the wallets of any frequent shopper — within limits. Specifically, brand limits, rewards limits, and credit line limits, just to name a few.
If you spend enough each year to reach Platinum Status, these limits may be less of a concern, but for the typical consumer, they may be a little too, well, limiting. For the majority of shoppers, a more usable rewards card will probably end up being the better value in the end.