Store Credit Card
While Best Buy is a multinational electronics superstore today, once upon a time it was an audio specialty store with the lyrical name Sound of Music. After rebranding in 1983, Best Buy expanded its offerings to include the whole electronics shebang, selling just about everything that a modern technophile needs — from AirBooks to appliances — as well as providing the professional Geek Squad experts to set it all up.
To help ensure electronics addicts really get the best buys in all 1,000+ locations (and online at BestBuy.com), the company offers the My Best Buy credit card. Although only usable for Best Buy buys, this powerful piece of plastic can produce a slew of perks, including purchase rewards, exclusive financing options, and an easy way to pay online.
Better Cards to Use at Best Buy
If your gaming rig needs a reboot or you want to remake your home theater, the My Best Buy credit card can be a great way to finance and save. The 10% rewards for your first purchase can reduce the damage to your budget from an app-controlled mopping machine or mega-pixel monolith, and the regular rewards rate is still impressive.
When the bulk of your buys aren't powered by processors, however, your Best Buy card can turn into a Mediocre Buy card, paling in comparison to the latest and greatest open-loop cards. These cards will allow you to make purchases — and earn rewards — nearly anywhere major credit cards are accepted, broadening your buying power and saving you more money in the long run.
The 5% rewards rate offered by the My Best Buy card is certainly nothing to shake a controller at, but since that rate only applies to Best Buy purchases, you may score more rewards with an all-around cash back credit card. With the right cash back card, you can enjoy 1% to 5% back on every purchase, everywhere your card is accepted, meaning you can save when you buy the movie and the popcorn.
at Chase'ssecure website
- New Offer! Double Cash Back: Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee
0% Intro APR on Purchases 15 months
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers 15 months
17.24% - 25.99% Variable
Although the My Best Buy card comes with access to some fine financing options, these deals have limited compatibility, good only on Best Buy purchases charged to your card. For a universal fit, try a top-rated credit card with an introductory 0% APR offer that will apply to new purchases of all kinds. With the right 0% APR card offer, you can not only finance a new fridge — you can stock it, too.
at Wells Fargo'ssecure website
- 0% Intro APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 17.74%-27.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
- Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Platinum Visa card
- Easy access to your FICO® Credit Score with Wells Fargo Online®
- Zero Liability protection for promptly reported unauthorized transactions
- Convenient tools to help create a budget and manage your spending with My Money Map
- $0 Annual Fee
0% for 18 months
0% for 18 months
No matter how realistic they make virtual reality, real-life reality will always be more interactive — and have more pixels. Travel rewards credit cards provide the perfect way to stay up-to-date on the latest technological advances, while still earning rewards redeemable toward a trip to those exotic destinations you've only ever seen on television.
at Discover Card'ssecure website
- INTRO OFFER: Discover will match ALL the Miles you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 30,000 Miles, you get 60,000 Miles. That's $600 towards travel!
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases all with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates - fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
- Redeem your Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
0% for 14 months
10.99% for 14 months
14.24% - 25.24% Variable
Anyone always hankering for the latest hardware or newest releases will likely get a lot of use out of a My Best Buy card. For anyone else, the card will be about as useful as an analog television antenna (Hint: If you don't get that reference, you probably fall into the latter group.). Look for a card that will be usable — and useful — in more locations, offering all-purpose rewards or financing rates that earn it a spot in your financial armory.
What Others Say About the Best Buy Credit Card
The digital jury has spoken, and they think the My Best Buy credit card is a great deal — if you shop enough to make it worthwhile. Plug into these reviews from around the world wide web for the full download on the My Best Buy credit card.
I've had this card for 4 years now. The terms have pretty much stayed the same, however the issuing bank has changed 3 times since I've had the card, which is kind of annoying. I really like the fact that based on how much you spend you can get deferred interest for 3, 6, or even 12 months. What I don't like is the reward system. 1 point per dollar. You have to spend 250 dollars before you even get a redeemable reward. And once you do, it's only $5. I just don't feel like that's a ton of incentive to even use it, especially if you're not going to use the card frequently. Another downfall is the interest rate. The interest rate on my best buy card is 25%. That's just outrageous. So I don't think this card is ideal for anyone planning to carry over a balance. Overall it's an OK card, but I really only recommend it if you shop with Best Buy very frequently. — WalletHub.com”
I have had this card for about 3 years now and it is one of my favorites. They always have awesome finance offers and incentives. My last purchase was a MacBook with 24 months no interest... Can't beat that! I have asked for a CLI increase once and they were very generous in bumping me up from $2,000 to $5,000. The only thing I suggest is that if you contact customer care you will get a lot faster answer/response if you send e-mail communication instead of calling. A lot quicker answers/resolution. — FinanceGlobe.com”
Because you may have a better chance qualifying for a Best Buy card, it’s best for those with bad to fair credit score ratings. However, if you’re simply looking for the best program for purchasing at Best Buy, there are a number of other credit cards that award as much or more. As a bonus, they don't limit your options on spending or redeeming. However, if you frequently shop at Best Buy stores or can take advantage of the special financing and sign-up offer, the Best Buy Credit Card benefits may be suitable. Just make sure that you're making the payments every month. You will also get the most out of these cards if you qualify for Elite or Elite Plus status in the My Best Buy® Rewards program. — MyBankTracker.com”
Is the Best Buy Card Right for You?
Between the purchase rewards and exclusive financing deals, the My Best Buy credit card can be a great fit for any electronics enthusiast or digital devotee — or anyone else who can differentiate the latest smartphone model from the rest.
If your refrigerator doesn't need an internet connection, however, you may not appreciate the full benefits of the My Best Buy credit card. Instead, you'll likely make a better connection with a general rewards card that's more compatible with your existing programming.