CardRates.com is proud to offer the Financial Futures Scholarship to future and current college students majoring in Business, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Management, and others preparing for a career in the personal finance industry.
Applicants will be judged based on outstanding academic achievement and submission of an essay. The scholarship award amount is $1,000.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Majoring in business, accounting, finance, mathematics, management, and others related to the personal finance industry
- Must be a U.S. resident
- Must send in an official transcript
- Must be a current or future college student (e.g., high school senior)
- Scholarship must go to tuition purposes (will be paid directly to the university/college)
- Complete an essay for submission (see essay guidelines below)
Please note the following deadlines for the spring term:
- Due Date: December 15th annually
- Announced: January 5th annually
- Awarded: January 10th annually
To qualify for the scholarship, please follow the essay guidelines below:
- Essay Topic: In 10 years, how do you see yourself impacting the finance industry?
- The essay title must be: “How I Will Impact The Finance Industry”.
- The essay should be 500-900 words.
- Any resources should be carefully noted and cited appropriately using the MLA format.
- Any plagiarism or fabrication will disqualify the applicant from award disbursement.
- Essay should be 12-point font, Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1-inch margins.
How to Apply
To apply, please mail your official transcript and original essay to the following address:
Attn: Financial Futures Scholarship
15 SE 1st Ave
Gainesville, FL 32601
For further questions on the Financial Futures Scholarship, please submit your inquiry via our online contact form.