Store Credit Card
With over 90 years in operation, Lord & Taylor has become acclaimed for carrying designer labels and moderately-priced brands that deliver the latest trends. Founded in New York City, the upscale department store first opened in 1865 and has since become a leading retailer in North America with over 40 locations and a full-fledged online storefront.
Consumers who love Lord & Taylor’s rich selection of stylish fashions may find the Lord & Taylor Credit Card useful for saving more on their frequent sprees. The credit card can make a difference at checkout if you’re a regular customer thanks to its rewards program that dishes out 5% cash back on purchases, plus cardholder access to special perks through a membership upgrade when you spend $1,000 in a calendar year.
Better Cards to Use at Lord & Taylor
The Lord & Taylor Credit Card works best for those who regularly shop the department store at its physical locations and online. But, for consumers who aren’t loyal patrons of the department store, the closed-loop nature and limited rewards earnings make it a tough sell.
Though rewards are what makes the Lord & Taylor Credit Card worth considering, there are still plenty of other cards that earn points that can be redeemed for cash back or even travel-related expenses. Look into one of the cards below that provide rewards that may save you just as much or far more at Lord & Taylor stores and anywhere else you make a purchase.
When it comes rewards, cash back credit cards are a favorite with financially-savvy spenders. Unlike the Lord & Taylor Credit Card, which restricts cardholders to only redeeming their points at its locations and online storefront, cash back credit cards, like the recommend one below, are simple since they earn rewards that can be redeemed as a statement credit and used toward purchases from any retailer.
Whether you’re shopping for daily essentials or chic wardrobe staples, you stand to earn an impressive amount every time you buy as a cardmember.
at Chase'ssecure website
- New Offer! Double Cash Back: Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee
0% Intro APR on Purchases 15 months
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers 15 months
17.24% - 25.99% Variable
One of the most important factors to consider with any credit card is the APR since high interest rates can outweigh the perks on even the most generous rewards. But, with a 0% APR card, you won't need to be concerned about paying off your purchases right away. The best intro-APR cards offer at least 12 months of interest-free purchases.
at Wells Fargo'ssecure website
- 0% Intro APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 13.74%-27.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
- Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Platinum Visa card
- Easy access to your FICO® Credit Score with Wells Fargo Online®
- Zero Liability protection for promptly reported unauthorized transactions
- Convenient tools to help create a budget and manage your spending with My Money Map
- $0 Annual Fee
0% for 18 months
0% for 18 months on qualifying balance transfers
While you can buy stylish outfits to wear on your upcoming vacation with your Lord & Taylor Credit Card, it's not going to get you any closer to your trip. With a travel credit card, you can rack up rewards points on daily purchases that can be redeemed for airfare, hotels, excursions, and more, bringing that dream trip closer to reality.
at Discover Card'ssecure website
- INTRO OFFER: Discover will match ALL the Miles you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 30,000 Miles, you get 60,000 Miles. That's $600 towards travel!
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases all with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates - fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
- Redeem your Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
0% for 14 months
10.99% for 14 months
14.24% - 25.24% Variable
If you’re a fashion addict who is always looking for a deal on the latest looks at Lord & Taylor, the store credit card may serve you well. However, there are many other credit card options on the market that also deliver rich rewards without the high interest rates. That's why you may find yourself benefiting more with the flexibility of an open-loop credit card that can be used anywhere and still earn you savings.
What Others Say About the Lord & Taylor Credit Card
As with any financial decision you make, opening a Lord & Taylor Credit Card should not be taken lightly. Research whether the card is right for you with the insights detailed above and by considering the experiences of cardmembers in the reviews below.
The Lord and Taylor Credit Card is good because it has a 15% discount offer when used in-store and online the first day you activate your account, which can add to some real savings. Although the APR is a little high on this card, it is definitely convenient and I would recommend this card to anyone. — WalletHub.com”
I am very unsatisfied with their customer service. I placed an order and they have canceled several pieces, although I can see that they still have them online but at a different price. I called to ask why and the representative could not be more inattentive even though we are loyal customers. I am sorry that we opened a credit card with them. — TrustPilot.com”
I applied online for the card not thinking that I would get approved, few moments later I was asked to call a number to finish my application. My CK score is 572 and I was approved for $750! I was so happy since this is one of my first cards after a few years of bad credit. — CreditKarma.com”
Is the Lord & Taylor Card Right for You?
Because the retailer carries a wide range of premium and designer labels, Lord & Taylor is often associated with high costs. Fortunately, with the Lord & Taylor Credit Card, you can save every time you make a purchase at the department store through its cash back rewards offers and enjoy an enhanced shopping experience with the special insider perks it provides to users.
However, compared to several other credit cards on the market that also earn rewards, the store card doesn’t compete well with its steep APR and its restriction to store-only purchases, and because it doesn’t give cardholders generous rewards. Unless you’re always tossing items into your cart at Lord & Taylor, you’ll do much better with an open-loop credit card that unearths money-saving rewards on purchases wherever you shop.