Are you considering the Chase Slate Edge℠? Before you apply for the card, you'll want to learn some key facts about the offer and how it compares to others on the market.
In reviewing the card, our staff rated it a 4.6 out of 5.0.
This card offers a 0% intro rate for purchases and transfers and the opportunity to lower your standard APR each year your account remains in good standing.
Here's a rundown of the key features, rates, and terms of the Chase Slate Edge℠:
Disclosure: When you apply through links on our site, we often earn referral fees from partners. For more information, see our ad disclosure and review policy.
CardRates.com is a free online resource that offers valuable content and comparison services to users. To keep this resource 100% free, we receive compensation for referrals for many of the offers listed on the site. Along with key review factors, this compensation may impact how and where products appear across CardRates.com (including, for example, the order in which they appear). CardRates.com does not include the entire universe of available offers. Editorial opinions expressed on the site are strictly our own and are not provided, endorsed, or approved by advertisers.
- Start off strong with 0% Intro APR for 18 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers. A variable APR of 20.49% - 29.24% on balance transfers and purchases after the introductory period ends.
- Lower your interest rate by 2% each year. Automatically be considered for an APR reduction when you pay on time, and spend at least $1000 on your card by your next account anniversary.
- Raise your credit limit. Get an automatic, one-time review for a higher credit limit when you pay on time, and spend $500 in your first six months.
- All for no annual fee - You won't have to pay an annual fee for all the great features that come with your Slate Edge℠ card
- Keep tabs on your credit health - Chase Credit Journey helps you monitor your credit with free access to your latest score, real-time alerts, and more
- Member FDIC
0% Intro APR on Purchases 18 months
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers 18 months
20.49% - 29.24% Variable
There's certainly a lot to like about the Chase Slate Edge℠. Let's dive deeper into the card's rates and fees, as they could make or break whether owning the Chase Slate Edge℠ is right for you.
According to the issuer, the Chase Slate Edge℠ currently charges the following interest rates on purchases and balance transfers:
- Purchase Intro: 0% Intro APR on Purchases 18 months
- Balance Transfer Intro: 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers 18 months
- Regular APR: 20.49% - 29.24% Variable
Here's the annual fee for the Chase Slate Edge℠ as listed by the issuer:
See site for details »
According to the issuer, the current general credit history requirement for the Chase Slate Edge℠ is:
- Credit Level: Good/Excellent
If you feel you have the credit needed for approval and you're ready to apply, you can do so online on the issuer's secure website.
Keep in mind that rates and features may change, so if you like what the Chase Slate Edge℠ is offering today, you may want to apply now to lock it in current terms before it's too late.
Below are all the ratings our team gives the Chase Slate Edge℠, along with the card's ranking within each category. To see how it compares to other cards, simply click on the category name:
All told, our team's review of the Chase Slate Edge℠ resulted in a rating of 4.6 out of 5.0, as the card features many pros and cons for a potential cardholder to consider. Ultimately, it's up to you to determine if the card's benefits outweigh its possible drawbacks.
If you're ready to apply for the Chase Slate Edge℠, here is the link the issuer's official application:
Are you ready to apply for the Chase Slate Edge℠ offer? Be sure to read up on all of its terms and details first, then apply via the provider’s secure website:
If you’d like to keep researching, you may want to try one of our popular guides to the top offers available. We break down a variety of offers, including many similar to Chase Slate Edge℠:
Whether you decide on Chase Slate Edge℠ or another option, be sure to make all your payments on time and keep your balance below the credit limit.