at USAA Savings'ssecure website
- USAA Eligibility Requirement: Today, USAA membership is only open to U.S. military service members, veterans who have received a discharge type of Honorable, and their eligible family members.
- It's a real credit card - not a prepaid or debit card, that helps you build or improve your credit score.
- When you apply - you'll also be opening a USAA 2-year Certificate of Deposit (CD), an interest-earning deposit account that has a two-year term and a $250-minimum initial deposit.
- Your CD is a security deposit - the money you put in upfront, from $250 to $5,000, is the card's credit limit.
- Earn interest on your CD - your deposit is guaranteed to grow. Plus the money is yours to keep as long as you don't default on your payments.
- Start building your credit - opening a CD lets you get a credit card even if you don't have a credit history or have bad credit.
- Chip technology has added security when used at a chip-enabled terminal and greater acceptance worldwide.